Physical Health Programme Manager
Salary scale: £26,000 – £28,000 pa pro-rata
Hours: 37 hours (to include weekends and evenings)
Base: Kenburgh House, 28 Manor Row, Bradford, BD1 4QU
Responsible to: Service Director
Annual Leave: 25 days pro-rata
Pension: We operate a contributory pension scheme which you will be auto-enrolled into (subject to the conditions of the scheme).
Probationary period: 6 months
Contract: Fixed term until 31 March 2021
Closing Date: 10am on 7 October 2019
Interview Date: 14 October 2019
Mind in Bradford is looking for a passionate and committed manager to lead an exciting, new and collaborative project to support improve the physical health of people with severe mental illness and those people taking antipsychotic medication.
The programme is in response to the commitment in the Mental wellbeing in Bradford district and craven strategy to reduce premature mortality associated with physical ill health in people with severe mental illness.
The role will also play a key part in evolving a new way of working across mental health providers and statutory partners. The role will operate under the emerging Healthy Minds Brand to enable people living with serious mental health access their health checks and then access appropriate support to improve their physical wellbeing. This will be achieved through:
- supporting the VCS workforce to better understand what a physical health check is and why they are important to better support people access them
- developing effective engagement with people living with severe mental illness
- Establishing and accessing bespoke solutions to improve physical health
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience of line managing, ideally within a health or social care setting, who is passionate about making a difference. Applicants should also be very comfortable working with data, have excellent literacy skills, and be able to establish positive relationships with clients and other key stakeholders. You must be able to work flexibly as the role requires.
The role will appeal to those who have:
- A positive attitude to people with mental health issues
- A passion to help improve people’s lives
- Energy and resilience to lead and enable change
- A commitment to excellence
Making an Application
- CVs will not be accepted.
- Please email your completed application form in word format (as an attachment) to [email protected]
- Please note it is not possible for us to give feedback to non-shortlisted applicants
- Mind in Bradford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and all successful applicants will be asked to apply (through Mind in Bradford) for an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and a right to work in the UK check.
- In the first instance any enquiries to be emailed to Asiya Ali (Office Manager) at [email protected]