Project Administrator – Community Companions
Mind in Bradford are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to support the delivery of Mind in Bradford’s Community Companions service.
Community Companions aims to improve the mental health of individuals aged 18+ who are experiencing loneliness, social isolation and/or depression. The service runs across the Bradford District and referrals can be made by anyone.
The role will appeal to those who:
- Are passionate about working in mental health, with a keen interest around social isolation and loneliness
- Have previous admin experience
- Are able to encourage, engage and involve individuals of all ages to volunteer with us at Mind in Bradford. Promoting how being involved can have a positive impact on their own mental wellbeing
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and individually, face-to-face and virtually, being able to travel to other locations
- Are able to be flexible with working hours, as some out of office hours will be required
- Are understanding of individual needs and the mental health issues people face
Salary: £19,048 pro rata (actual salary £6,949.80)
Hours: 13.5 hours, to be worked flexibly (Mondays would be a required day)
Contract Type: Fixed term – until 31st March 2023
Base: Office based – Kenburgh House, 28 Manor Row, Bradford, BD1 4QU but regularly travelling to additional locations in the Bradford District
Responsible to: Volunteer Coordinator
Probationary period: 6 months
Closing Date: 16th August 2022
Interview Date: 19th August 2022
How to Apply
- CVs will not be accepted.
- Please email your completed application form in word format (as an attachment) to [email protected]
- Please note it is not possible for us to give feedback to non-shortlisted applicants
- Mind in Bradford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and all successful applicants will be asked to apply (through Mind in Bradford) for an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and a right to work in the UK check.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays pro-rata – increasing to 36 days with length of service
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced company sick pay after qualifying period.
Any enquiries to be emailed to [email protected]