Temporary Waitlist Closure for Know Your Mind and Know Your Mind Plus
We regret to announce that Mind in Bradford must temporarily close our waiting lists for support from the Know Your Mind and Know Your Mind Plus services. This means we cannot accept new referrals for those services for now.
This decision has been made due to the high number of referrals we’ve received. Our priority is to provide the best possible care to those in need, as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, our current capacity cannot meet this demand, and placing children on a long waiting list would not be appropriate.
We take this decision seriously and will review our capacity in November. Our goal is to reopen the services for new referrals as soon as possible. In the meantime, please note that children and young people can still access other Mind in Bradford and external services. Please see details in the “Get alternative support now” section below.
We have also produced some resource packs:
Get alternative support now
- Up to three 1-1 support sessions over the phone with a Mind Wellbeing Practitioner
- Appointments are available between 6.30pm – 9.30pm and last up to 1-hour
- We can support who is worried about their mental health, who is aged 11 or over
- You do not need to have a diagnosis or be referred by your own GP
To make an appointment:
- Check if your local GP is on the list at the bottom of this page
- Call your local GP reception and ask for an appointment with a Mind Wellbeing Practitioner in Enhanced Access.
- If you have any difficulties booking an appointment please contact us on 01274 730815 or [email protected] and we’ll help you get booked in!
- Confidential emotional support over the phone or online via live chat for children and adults of any age
- Available 8am to midnight every day of the year; call 0800 1 884 884 or live chat here
- We have a translation service that can provide support via Guide-Line in over 100 languages
- Urgent, same-day mental health support for children and adults over the age of 7 living in Bradford and Craven
- 1-1 appointments available between 12pm midday and 2:30am every day of the year from our hubs in Bradford city centre or Keighley central
- To make an appointment call Guide-Line on 0800 1 884 884 or First Response on 0800 952 1181
Other support for children and young people across Bradford District and Craven
- Find lots of information about local mental health services and support, and a wide range of resources, apps and blogs on the Healthy Minds website here
- You can also use the Healthy Minds Wellbeing Assistant here to find services, self-help guides and apps that meet your individual needs
- Centres near you where you can talk to a trained professional about how you’re feeling
- Drop-in sessions are run by a range of mental health organisations across Bradford and Craven for people needing urgent help with their mental health
- You do not need an appointment for most sessions – you can just turn up during its opening hours and speak to a trained professional. For sessions run by the organisation SELFA, you will need to e-mail or call ahead.
- The timetable for drop-ins is here
- If there is not a drop-in open today that you can get to and you need urgent support, call First Response on 0800 952 1181 or Guide-Line on 08001 884 884 to book a same-day appointment at a Safe Spaces hub in Bradford or Keighley.
- Early intervention for social, emotional and mental health issues for children and young persons aged 8 to 18.
- 1:1s and groups sessions, in person or over the phone. Family support is also offered.
- 1-1 wellbeing support sessions via phone, video call or face to face
- Flexible, timely and accessible, low-level mental health support for children and people aged 5 to 17
- 1-1 tailored support for children and young people aged 9 to 19 in Bradford Central District, as part of the Reducing Inequalities in City funding