Youth in Mind Programme Manager
Mind in Bradford is looking for a Youth in Mind Programme Manager who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and sub-contracted elements of the Youth in Mind partnership, enabling effective linking with partners and communities across the Bradford District & Craven. Youth in Mind is a group of mental health services supporting children and young people (CYP) aged 5 to 25 across Bradford District and Craven. You will play a key role in evolving collaborative ways of working across multiple providers to promote, protect and improve CYP mental wellbeing so our CYP have brighter futures and the opportunity to thrive and achieve their potential.
The role will appeal to those who have:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
· Wide range of IT skills and computer literacy, including Microsoft applications and electronic client record systems
· Excellent planning and organisation skills
· Ability to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a proactive manner with a positive attitude
· Ability to work with complex issues and manage a demanding workload.
· Ability to work as part of a team and independently
· Keen attention to detail
· Excellent working knowledge of programme management best practices.
· Understanding of the issues experienced by children, young people and their parents/carers in Bradford District and Craven.
· Children and young people’s mental and emotional wellbeing services in Bradford District and Craven.
· Understanding of key current issues within mental health.
· A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in Programme Management role/s
· Experience working in children and young people’s services (statutory or voluntary and community sector) and/or mental health services (statutory or voluntary and community sector)
· Experience of working within a multi-agency setting
· Experience of developing quality assurance systems and achieving continuous service improvement.
· Building and maintain relationships at all levels
· Evidence of strong client and stakeholder engagement.
· Delivering high quality, evidence-based services which offer value for money.
· Qualified to degree level
· Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity, addressing health inequalities, and to child-centred services
· Passionate, driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed approach
· Consistently achieves high quality standards and requires limited direction and supervision
· Resilient in a dynamic environment
· Understanding that mental health difficulties are a natural part of life.
· Understanding of and commitment to the Mind in Bradford values of Caring always, Working together, Supporting everyone, Enabling all and Improving continually
· Willingness to work in and travel to multiple locations across Bradford Central locality.
Salary scale: £23,000 – £26,000 pa
Hours: 37 hours (to include occasional evening and weekend work)
Contract: Fixed Term to end 31st March 2023 (possibility of extension subject to
Base: Kenburgh House, 28 Manor Row, Bradford, BD1 4QU with requirement to travel within the Bradford District and Craven area
Responsible to: Service Director
Annual Leave: 25 days pro-rata
Pension: We operate a contributory pension scheme which you will be auto-enrolled into (subject to the conditions of the scheme).
Probationary period: 6 months
Closing Date: Noon on Thursday 29th April 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th May 2021
In the first instance any enquiries to be emailed to Asiya Ali (Office Manager) at [email protected]
Making an application
• CVs will not be accepted.
• Please email your completed application form in word format (as an attachment) to [email protected]
• Please note it is not possible for us to give feedback to non-shortlisted applicants
• Mind in Bradford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and all successful applicants will be asked to apply (through Mind in Bradford) for an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and a right to work in the UK check.