Support in your language
We have a translation service that can provide support in over 100 languages over the phone, we also have bi-lingual support workers that can provide direct translation in Urdu, Arabic, Polish and Panjabi.
Raise awareness in your community
Raise awareness of Guide-Line in Bradford District and Craven by displaying our posters and business cards.
Support if you live outside Bradford and Craven
West Yorkshire mental health helpline
For anyone aged 18 and over who is registered with a GP in Leeds, Calderdale, Kirklees, Wakefield and Barnsley.
Call 0800 183 0558
24 hours, 7 days a week
West Yorkshire Night OWLS
For children, young people, their parents and carers, living in West Yorkshire
Call 0800 1488 244 8pm-8am
Text on: 07984 392700
Guide-Line Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I speak for?
In order to make our service available to as many people as possible, every individual can have one Guide-Line call or live chat conversation for up to 30 minutes, per day.
Who can access Guide-Line?
If you live in Bradford District and Craven area and feel you need support for yourself or for someone you care for then Guide-Line is for you. Speak in a safe, non-judgemental space with a trained practitioner who will listen, support and signpost where necessary. Please be aware we are not a counselling service.
Should I call in an emergency?
If your life or someone else’s life is in immediate danger you should call 999.
What will happen on the call or chat?
• You will be asked some basic details. You can however, remain anonymous if you wish.
• All information about you is processed securely in line with GDPR regulations and our privacy notice can be viewed on our website.
• There is no guarantee that callers can speak/chat to the same worker each time.
• Calls may be recorded for training or monitoring purposes.
• Everything you share with the Guide-Line team is confidential unless we feel there is a risk to you, risk to others, serious safeguarding or terrorism concerns.
• All information about you is processed securely in line with Data Protection legislation. For more information about how we process your data, please view the privacy notice on our website. Please click to view our privacy notice online.
Join our mailing list
Sign up to receive email updates about our work and how you can support Bradford district with their mental health. You can unsubscribe at any time.