What is First Response?
First Response crisis service offers support 24 hours a day, seven days a week to people of all ages living in Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale or Craven experiencing a mental health crisis.
You do not have to have used any mental health services before to contact us. For more information see the First Response leaflet.
Anyone calling First Response aged 7+ may be referred you to our crisis support service called Safe Spaces.
What is Safe Spaces?
Safe Spaces is the new Crisis Alternatives service formerly known as Sanctuary, Haven and Towerhurst.
If you are in need of urgent mental health support and live in Bradford district or Craven, call First Response on 0800 952 1181 to be referred to Safe Spaces.
There are lots of ways Safe Spaces can support you including:
- One-to-one, same day support in-person or by phone at our Bradford Hub (Mind in Bradford)
- A Safe Space to stay for Children and Young People for one night
As the service develops we will be opening a second hub in Keighley and running Crisis Cafes throughout the community.
If you’re not in a mental health crisis but need to speak to someone, contact Guide-Line
Guide-Line is our phone and live chat service which runs from 12pm (midday) – 12am (midnight) – available 365 days a year.
- Call Guide-Line to speak to someone on 08001 884 884
- You can also speak to someone online using our live chat
Feeling overwhelmed? Here are our top tips
If you’re feeling overwhelmed our top tips may help:
- Stop… take a deep breath
- Find somewhere you feel safe
- If you have a care plan or action plan that helps you know what to do when things are too much…read it and use it
- Find a trusted friend or adult who you can talk to or just be with
- Do something that makes you feel good about yourself
- Try and eat well