Become a Mental Health First Aider (MHFA)
- Limited availability throughout the year (May, July & October)
- Course length: Two days, 9.00am – 5.00pm
- £325 per person, 16 places per course
- In-person course in Bradford, BD1 3HT
- 20% discount available for voluntary sector and not-for-profit organisations
This open-access course is ideal for small businesses or sole traders who are looking to become Mental Health First Aiders and only runs on a limited basis throughout the year.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
What we’ll cover:
- You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.
- You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
- What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
The course material has been developed by MHFA, watch the video below to find out more about what the course entails.
Assembly, 20 North Parade, Bradford, BD1 3HT
Bradford Forster Square and Bradford Interchange are both in walking distance. There are many paid carparks in walking distance with the closest being SIP Carpark (Google Map directions).
Assembly Bradford is on the 2nd and 3rd floors of a listed building, unfortunately we are unable to provide a lift. The stairs have low risers, long treads, half landings, and handrails to both sides. Please contact us at [email protected] for further information regarding accessibility.
Arrive for a 9.00am
End day at 5.00pm
Arrive for a 9.00am start
End day at 5.00pm
For a full breakdown of the two-day course visit the MHFA website.
£325 per person (payable via credit card at time of booking)
20% discount is available for voluntary sector and not-for-profit organisations (£260 per person), please email [email protected] prior to making your booking to check your eligibility and request a discount code.
Please read the booking terms and conditions before booking your place.
Why is it important to invest in Mental Health First Aid?
We all have mental health, just as we all have physical health. Mental ill health can affect everyone. Being trained as a Mental Health First Aider is as important as being trained in physical first aid.
Although things are improving, stigma still exists around mental ill health. As a society, we don’t tend to know how to take care of our mental health like we do our physical health. This means that people may not know how to support a friend, family member or colleague experiencing a mental health issue, or where to go for help with their own mental health.
Support after qualifying
After becoming a MHFAider® with us you’ll have access to continuous support – well beyond your initial certification – so you are confident, empowered and motivated to carry out your role.
- Three years’ access to support and benefits
- 24/7 digital support through the MHFAider Support App®.
- Exclusive resources, ongoing learning opportunities and the benefit of joining England’s largest community of trained MHFAiders®.
Join our mailing list
To hear all about Mind in Bradford’s services, events, latest news and how you can get involved in our projects and fundraising activities, please fill in the form below.